A new app for reading and writing text files on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. PlainText is a fast, clean, synchronized text editor. Unlike Notes, PlainText works with Dropbox to instantly sync your changes to your Mac, Windows, or Linux desktop.
- Clean paper-like user interface.
- Organize your files with Folders.
- Dropbox sync with offline and merging support.
Watch the screencast and let me know what you think in the comments.
How is it different from WriteRoom for iPhone?
- PlainText will be free. (Likely add supported, maybe $0.99 in app purchase to turn off adds.)
- PlainText’s mission is “Synced text files”. WriteRoom’s mission is “Distraction free writing”. Over time WriteRoom will get more features, PlainText will remain the minimum interface for synced text files.
- Timing. I’m moving all of my apps to a new Dropbox sync model with a more paper like interface. PlainText is the common set of code that I’m building my apps one. Because of this PlainText will be ready sooner.